Our community has been through a lot over the last few months. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. Infection control has always been a top priority at Ehrenman & Khan Pediatric Dentistry. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We monitor these agencies regularly so that we are up-to-date and are able to provide the best scientifically-evidenced practices to protect our patients and team members.
We have implemented the following changes to keep your family and our team safe from COVID-19
- Our office will communicate with you via text or e-mail to complete a pre-appointment COVID questionnaire. A dental assistant or hygienist will review this questionnaire with you at your child’s appointment. Prior to treatment we will measure the patient’s temperature with a touchless forehead thermometer.
- We have implemented a Virtual Waiting Room. You will be asked to call the office from your car to check-in for your appointment. You will receive a text message when we have a treatment chair ready for your child.
- For the time being our waiting room will no longer offer iPads, magazines, or children’s toys since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect. The toy box has also been removed. We are hard at work coming up with ideas to put the fun back into our practice while maintaining infection control…stay tuned.
- Everyone entering the office is required to wear a mask.
- Everyone entering clinical treatment areas will be asked to wash their hands at one of our hand washing stations.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in our waiting room and administrative areas for your use prior to exiting the office.
- We have implemented social distancing guidelines. We ask that you minimize the number of additional family members at the appointments.
- Digital Practice – new patients can fill out medical history/HIPAA forms online, minimizing the amount of time in the office, as well as reducing contact with clipboards & pens.
- The building HVAC system has been upgraded to the recommended MERV-13 filters with maximum air exchange
- H13 True-HEPA purification system has been added to the office
- Shields/guards have been placed in administrative areas
- Social distance markers are visible throughout the office
- Half of the available treatment chairs will be in use at any given time
Prepare Your Child for the Appointment
Our team members will be wearing masks at all times. During treatment we will also be wearing safety goggles/eyewear and possibly a faceshield. While all of these measures are being taken for everyone’s safety, your child will be unable to see our smiling faces. Please review these new protocols with your child(ren),and reassure them that it is the same doctor and team. We will do everything in our power, while still being safe, to ensure your child has a comfortable, fun experience.
Thank you for being our patient, and for your patience, as we continue to take steps to keep your family and our team safe in our practice. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends, we have missed you! Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns at (516) 333-3033.
Drs. Ehrenman, Khan & Team