Long Island’s Choice for Braces
A Tradition of Orthodontic Excellence
We think everyone deserves a straight, comfortable, confident smile – and our braces can help your child have just that! We offer a range of braces and treatments… but what we find most effective for crowded, gapped, crooked teeth or over- or under bites are traditional wire and bracket braces.
What Are Traditional Braces?
These braces are composed of brackets and a main arch wire. The brackets are placed on the teeth and the arch wire is threaded through the brackets, connecting them together. The wire places pressure on the teeth, gently moving them into the desired position. While braces can be made of a number of different materials, we use stainless steel for strength and durability.
How Will the Braces Look?
Almost everyone has seen someone wearing traditional braces. But we believe that just because they’re traditional, doesn’t mean they can’t be cool! In fact, our braces can be attractive, too. We offer a variety of band colors that can be changed each visit, keeping smiles fresh and fun.
Taking Care of Braces
- Brush after every meal or snack. The most important brushing time is at night.
- Please floss every night. We will show your child how to floss his or her teeth properly while wearing braces.
- Use a mouth rinse with fluoride after brushing and flossing.
- Every six months, schedule a cleaning. This is especially important during orthodontic treatment.
- Be careful about what you eat and put in your mouth. We will provide a list of foods to avoid, but it is also important that your child not chew on things, like pencils, in order to protect their wires.
For more information about how our traditional orthodontic treatments and braces can help your child get a healthier, more confident smile, call us today!